This page explains the step by step instructions for taking measurements for Blouse. Please go through the steps one by one and measure it using a tape and share it with us.
1. SHOULDER TO SHOULDER LENGTH: Place the measuring tape across the back and measure in a straight line from the end of the left shoulder to the end of the right shoulder.
2. FULL LENGTH: Start at the center of the shoulder and draw the measuring tape straight down to the point where you want your blouse to end. Make sure that the tape passes over the center of the bust when taking this measurement.
3. UPPER BUST: Fit the measuring tape under the arms and warp it evenly across the widest part of the back and above the full bust.
4. BUST: Place the measuring tape around the fullest part of the bust. Make sure the measuring tape is straight all the way around the chest and back.
5. BUST DISTANCE: Measure from bust point to bust point.
6. SHOULDER TO BUST: Measure from shoulder to bust point.
7. WAIST: Take this measurement just above the waist below the bust. This is where the blouse will end. Be sure to measure all the way around.
8. ARM HOLE: Keep arms relaxed by your side. Place the measuring tape at the top of the shoulder in line with your armpit. Wrap the tape under the arm and over the end of your shoulder to the straight point. The tape measure should feel snug but not tight.
9. SLEEVE LENGTH: If you are getting a sleeveless blouse you can skip this step. Place the measuring tape at the edge of the shoulder. The arm slightly bent measure from the shoulder joint till the desired sleeve length.
10. SLEEVE WIDTH: The measurement helps determine how wide to cut the width of the sleeves. Keep arms relaxed by your side. Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bicep.
11. FRONT NECK: Start at the top of the shoulder at the neck point and draw the measuring tape diagonally to the center of your chest to the point where you want your blouse neck opening to end.
12. BACK NECK: Start at the top of the shoulder at the neck point and draw the measuring tape diagonally, make a half V , to the center of your back and choose how much depth you would like Measure around the widest part of your thigh